Controlling your Robot
I highly suggest you use a PS4 Bluetooth controller or any Xbox 360 or One controller.
Bluetooth controllers are easy to set up and use, at least the ones mentioned above.
- To do this, you need an Arduino USB Host Shield and accompanying Bluetooth wireless adapter.
- Pairing the controller is easy, see Lecture 2 for Robot Programming Lectures under Lectures
For motor controllers, I highly suggest the Adafruit motor shield, as it is easy to wire and code for.
- It can control 4 DC motors or 2 Stepper motors. That means it can also control 2 DC motors and 1 Stepper motor.
- All it needs is a dedicated power supply and its good to go! See the Robot Programming Lectures for more details on wiring and coding.
Example Scripts for Arduino Robots
- This example uses the Adafruit motor controller shield and a USB host shield with PS4 controller over Bluetooth to control some motors. It also shows how you can do a tank drive with the y axis on both analog sticks.